A few words about us
We started in 1954 as an ex-army and navy store in our original premises Fort Street, Douglas. This developed supplying bedding & linen, workwear, school uniforms and liesure clothing. The local tourist trade was then the back bone of the local econemy with guest houses, hotels, IOM Steam Packet and Healthservice being our main contracts at the time.
The carpet section started in 1962 from simply providing small rugs and runners then larger room size rugs before supplying and fitting rooms.
We continued to grow the business on the flooring side until in 1998 when we needed new premises.(The old shop has now been developed by the wonderful Miles and Pipa into Noa Bakehouse.) The new site now takes three units over 16500sq feet stocking 600 rolls of carpet 150 rolls of vinyl and 1000's m2 of Amtico, Moduleo VLF & Karndean as well as rugs mats and runners.
We will always put forward and advise the customer of the right materials for the job.
Always get an estimate from us for the full job fitted don't just compare headline material prices. We don't hide our costs with extras.
It is often said that price is what you pay while value is what you get.
We pride our selves on having the best fitting and after sales service around.
- Mark has been working with his dad since he was 8 but officially on the books from when he left school (1986). It was no...
- Frank is our store manager and has been with us for 20 years. He has worked as a fitter that helps give invaluable practical advice. Frank is on ...
- Josh works in our sales team and handles the administration work load. He is the cheeky chap of the Wharehouse and customers really warm to...
- Chris came to us from a background in engineering which has proved invaluable in his estimating role. He has worked with our excellent fitters allowing...
- Hugh was asked to pose for his picture but was far to busy "Jobs to do Daddy, jobs to do!" ...